Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Flag Day!

Every A-100 (foreign service training) course includes an exciting and long-anticipated ceremony where each officer finds out where he or she is going next. This is done by announcing each post city followed by the name of an officer who then walks to the front of the auditorium to receive a flag of the country where he or she will be going. This week I found out my new assignment:


In case you are wondering, this is the Washington DC flag. After my husband texted the news out to some of his workmates, a friend of ours allegedly spent a while researching what DC stands for. No, we are not headed to a foreign country; but we are pleased with the news because it means we will get to spend some more time in this great city. I will be working in public diplomacy, which is perfect for me. It is hard to believe that training will be over soon and that I stark work on Monday. Eek!

1 comment:

  1. Haven't been checking blogs regularly, but pleased to see you'll be in the DC area for a while. Sarah and Desh, I'm sure, will be glad to have you around. Speaking of foreign countries, I was once on a bus where the driver said, "We are now leaving the United States of America and entering Iowa."

    ReplyDelete