Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Let's Keep Moving!



David tore me away from my books this weekend for two beautiful bicycle rides along the potomac river. "How can you even think about studying with weather like this?!" (The answer: I'm super neurotic, but lucky to have a husband like him).

Last summer we biked to the National Mall almost every weekend, and I hope we can keep that trend going. I can't wait to get in shape and enjoy the fresh air. Some of my friends even bike to work. While I really admire their resolve, I could never pull it off myself!

What about you? Do you enjoy biking or other outdoor activities? Can you believe Spring is already here?

9 comments:

  1. Since I did a sprint triathlon last fall, I've really come to enjoy biking. I hadn't biked since I was probably 12 years old before that. I was missing out! And I'm jealous of your routes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful picture of you! And good for your husband - for getting you to enjoy the gorgeous outdoors a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Friday, and that means that the Sixth Weekly State Department Blog Roundup is up - and you're on it!

    Here is the link:

    http://bit.ly/deo4HK

    (If I quoted your text or used your photo(s) and you would rather I had not, please let me know. Please also be sure to check the link(s) that I put up to you, in order to verify that they work properly. If you would rather that I had not referenced you, and/or do not want me to reference you in the future, please also contact me.)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't bike because I'm scared. That's lame, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,

    I just came across your blog and really enjoyed it.

    Please come and have a look at my page too.

    I hope to see you soon.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greta, I'm sorry to hear that. But there are many ways to enjoy this beautiful weather! It's never lame to admit you're scared of something!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that I live in a (relatively) small town, it's perfect for biking---but I don't have one! Any tips on buying budget bikes?

    Glad you're taking advantage of the lovely weather--
    *Joce

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jocelyn, I bought an inexpensive used bike on Craig's List.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely. It's raining too hard for a bike ride now, but one of these days!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete