Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Seven Happy Things at Work

My favorite design studio, This Paper Ship, recently blogged about their seven favorite things at work.  Check out their blog!  I thought this was a great idea for a post.  Lately I have been needing an attitude check:  I've been missing my old job in Tel Aviv; I had a lot of trouble getting over jet lag since I jumped right into training; and last but not least none of my clothes fit me anymore which is making me feel so blah.

But there are a lot of great things about spending time at FSI (the Foreign Service Institute, where we do our training).  Here are my top 7:

1. Seeing old friends in the hall and cafeteria
2. Getting paid to learn, especially getting paid to learn a language
3. Not having a blackberry--they are really useful in the field, but it is nice to get a break and not be constantly "on call"
4. Getting out of work early--even though many classes assign homework, I love being able to go home and do it
5. Making new friends and meeting lots of interesting people
6. Getting to wear business casual
7. When my spouse drives me to work (this isn't a given, but he knows I'm not a morning person even though I'm a fan of public transportation)

What are your top 7 things?

2 comments:

  1. I always thought it was neat walking around FSI and hearing Spanish in one hallway and Russian in another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting experience, everyone coming together for a same yet different cause. I'd love to get paid to learn a language :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete