Sunday, January 3, 2010

Farewell 2009 and Hello Hebrew


2009 was a significant year for me. I earned my Master's degree, got the job I wanted--astonishingly--and made lots of new friends at the Foreign Service Institute. In addition, starting this blog has helped me tap into the creative part of my brain. I know at times what I write can seem vapid--or even superficial--but I keep this blog in order to celebrate beauty and optimism. I love my life here in DC, and I will try to do a better job of logging my activities without boring you with the details.

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to be more intentional about how I spend my evenings... i.e. less TV and more reading and creating. In 2010 I hope to do more yoga, drink more tea, live greener, take dance classes, have more dinner parties, join a toastmasters club, and finally stop biting my nails. We'll see.

Tomorrow I start Hebrew language classes in preparation for my move to Israel this summer. I am very nervous but also excited! After a wonderful break visiting with my family and old friends, I am ready to go back to training with a gusto.

What are you looking forward to in 2010?

4 comments:

  1. It seems you are ready to make it a great year. Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with Hebrew. Sarah is an awesome teacher and all around great person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life sounds fantastic, and I wish you only the best. P.S. I'm never bored with your posts.

    I look forward to some big and happy changes. More info to come...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have some similar resolutions. No more nail biting, more yoga, more Toastmasters. Less soda is also on my list.

    Good luck with Hebrew.

    ReplyDelete