Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Five Favorite Green Products

Is one of your resolutions to do more for the environment this year? If so, you should consider trying some all-natural products. Living green isn't just about the long term benefits. Exposing your skin to toxins is dangerous for you and for generations to come. I have very sensitive skin, but after switching my toiletries and detergents to green/natural brands, I have noticed a difference in the way my skin feels. I feel better about my impact on the environment--plus, none of these products were tested on animals.

1. Seventh Generation Natural 2x concentrated laundry liquid. I have used both the unscented and the lavender. In addition, you can use tennis balls to fluff your clothing in the dryer instead of using dryer sheets.
2. Dr. Bronner's pure castile soap or Tom's of Maine soap.
3. Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil. I just starting using jojoba oil, and it is amazing. I use this on everything from my scalp to my toes! You can use it as leave-in conditioner and mixed in with any face or body cream. It is fast absorbing and super-hydrating.

4. Jason everyday natural hair care. I use the tea tree scalp normalizing shampoo, but they offer a wide variety of shampoos and conditioners.

5. Good old-fashioned baking soda and vinegar. To unclog a drain, use a combination of baking soda and vinegar and let it sit for five minutes before pouring boiling water down the drain. Use a small plate of baking soda to get rid of odors in your fridge or elsewhere. Mix vinegar with water to quickly kill most bacteria and germs. Check out this website for more details.



4 comments:

  1. I think about this topic often and have been slowly shifting what we use on our bodies and for our home over the last several years. I've never used jojoba oil. It seems it is the miracle product. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a major seventh gen addict.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU for the soda and vinegar tip. My crazy jungle mane is always clogging our drains!

    ReplyDelete