Friday, February 5, 2010

A Bright Salad for the Blizzard

I don't have a good excuse for why I haven't updated the blog in a while. I think all of the blood in my brain has been convening in the section that memorizes vocabulary and grammar rules, leaving the other parts of my brain in a weakened state. In other words, I have been in a funk.

But what better way to wait out a funk than sitting indoors with a warm cup of coffee, an unlimited supply of Rosetta Stone, and all of your beautiful blog posts to catch up on? Today I only had a half day of class because this weekend the East Coast is expecting a BLIZZARD! Didn't you just have a blizzard? You might be thinking. Well, this one is going to be even bigger. After class was dismissed this morning, I came home and made a bright brunch in preparation for the long white weekend.

The fruit salad is a mixture of grapefruit, navel oranges, and blood oranges with mint, red onion, feta, mustard, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Check out Smitten Kitchen for the complete recipe and some far superior photos.

Stay tuned for some flabbergasting photos of our snowfall. Till then, stay warm!!

2 comments:

  1. Em, that looks deeeeeeelish! I hope you guys ride out the storm safely!
    <3, Joce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, and I really like the addition of feta.

    ReplyDelete