Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snow sports on my mind...

This weekend we met my family in Maryland for some downhill skiing (or snowboarding for the boys). We had so much fun and the conditions seriously couldn't have been better. And now that the Winter Olympics are in full swing, I have snow sports on my mind.

I wish people still dressed like this on the slopes. I'm going to have to scour secondhand shops looking for some retro bib snow pants for the next time I go skiing (which unfortunately may not be for a while since I am moving to the Mediterranean).

Picture uploaded by The Selvedge Yard from Conde Naste Archive Circa 1972. Check out his post for more vintage ski fashion!

8 comments:

  1. her ski outfit is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I would have never pegged that photo for vintage. It looks like something you could still buy!
    *joce

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo almost makes me wanna ski, and I hate snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joce - check out his website if you want to see some truly vintage outfits! And if you see yellow bibs for sale, let me know where ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the sweet comment. I have never been on a ski hill in my life, but the day i do I will definitely dress like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. is there anything more classy than a vintage ski outfit? i don't think so. LOVE that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speaking of other ski attire: Jean snowboard pants have become a hot commodity. Why couldn't I have purchased a pair (as a gift) BEFORE the olympics. Now not only are they a cool look but associated with gold metals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I love the retro bib overalls. I had some when I was little. She looks so cute. Glad you had fun on the slopes!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete