Friday, January 8, 2010

Patience & Fortitude


Oh my goodness, friends. I survived my first week of Hebrew training... but just barely. So far, it is the most difficult language I have ever learned. My brain is spinning from the aleph bet (a.k.a. the new alphabet I have to memorize in print and cursive). Learning languages is fun, but it is also a lot of hard work. This is going to be a challenge (as in, I have never worked so hard in my life). And in the meantime the dishes will pile up. There's one resolution down the drain already.

Have a great weekend, folks! And wish me luck. Sigh. I think I need it :).

Picture from Supermarket HQ found via Swiss Miss.

6 comments:

  1. Here's a silly little website that helped me back when I was learning Biblical Hebrew. I think it works for Modern Hebrew too!

    http://www.akhlah.com/
    (See the 'Learn Hebrew' section)

    Good luck, Emily! Learn the aleph bet and the rest will come!

    Shalom,
    -Dusty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there will always be more dishes. Kudos to you for not worrying about them and expanding your horizons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone can do it, it's you, Em! Hang in there, friend--and forget the dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow- good luck! Let me know when the dishes reach a critical mass, I find dishwashing therapeutic...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noah could help you memorize the aleph bet the same way he did: set to the tune of Yankee Doodle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you!! I would never be able to learn Hebrew. I have such a problem with languages...grr. xo

    ReplyDelete